update – from the CRM pioneer to a higher standard
Back in 1988, shortly after the founding of Update Marketing Ges.m.b.H. in Vienna, Austria, the first version of the revolutionary CRM software, marketing.manager was launched.
With functions for relationship and database marketing, and sales support as well as the first graphic analysis model, this innovative CRM system set new standards in the software market. Today, update sets new international standards and contributes to higher productivity and a competitive advantage in more than 1500 enterprises worldwide.
An overview of our most significant milestones
- Founding of Update marketing Ges.m.b.H. in Vienna, Austria by Mag. Gilbert Hödl and Dipl. Ing. Arno Huber
- Market launch of marketing.manager
- Founding of first subsidiary in Germany
- Launch of marketing.manager 2, first time for use under Windows
- Founding of the branch offices in Switzerland and the Czech Republic
- Launch of marketing.manager 3
- Change from a private to a public corporation
- First round of venture capital financing
- Opening of Benelux branche office in The Netherlands
- Launch of marketing.manager 4
- For the first time a browser capable version is available for marketing.manager
- Second round of venture capital financing
- Third round of venture capital financing
- Name change to update software AG with a new corporate identity
- Issuance of update.com stock on the Neuen Markt in Frankfurt in April
- Opening of the branch office in France
- Launch of marketing.manager 5 with additional innovative and complementary modules such as update.analytical, update.pda, updateXML and update.phone
- New management team consisting of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Thomas Deutschmann, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Mag. Monika Fiala, and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Dipl. Ing. Arno Huber
- Change on the exchange to the “General Standard” segment
- Launch of marketing.manager 6 based on the .NET architechture
- 15.369 million euro sales volume and a profit of 2.605 million euro
- Conclusion of the restructuring
- Opening of the branch office in Hungary
- Successful increase in capital
- Expansion with the successful acquisition of the Polish company, "Process4e“
update.seven - Launch of a new CRM generation
update.seven makes use of a dynamic process and data model as well as of specialized sector templates, thus ensuring rapid adaptability to individual customer requirements. Thus, update.seven offers fast time to value and maximum flexibility, also after implementation.
- Moreover, the update.seven CRM suite has, with update.seven analytics, been further enhanced by business intelligence components, a data warehouse and OLAP analysis instrument geared to the operative CRM logic.
- update software Germany GmbH purchases 100 percent of REGWARE GmbH. An International Competence Centre Healthcare (ICCH) is to be created in Germering near Munich.
- update software AG acquires German banking CRM specialist ORGAPLAN Software GmbH.
- 20 years pure CRM: update celebrates its 20 years anniversary
- update opens a subsidiary in USA - focus on CRM in the Life Sciences industry
- update launches the innovative CRM solution update.revolution: Successful customer relationship management available in an SaaS version hosted by IBM or as an inhouse solution
- Social Media directly integrated in the CRM solution: update presents the Social CRM Tool COSMIC
- update launches CRM.pad - the native CRM solution designed for the Apple iPad. Find more information and the link to the demo version on our CRM.pad product page
- Roll out of the eighth CRM generation from udpate: update.CRM. Find all the information about the new CRM generation in our update.CRM product overview